Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Did It!

I made the cakes! I made the cars cake, it looked great, just like the car! I used the mold and then thought I burnt it but it came out fine, covered it in the the different colored icing, just used frosting out of the can and used food coloring to make the different colors. The prepackaged colored frosting is so expensive, so I made my own and used sandwich bags as icing bags. It all worked out. DS2 (youngest, I'm going to use DS2 or DS1 for each son since it is easier to write!)anyway he loved it! The cupcakes came out great too, the kids decorated those with the left over icing, so they had fun. I am glad I tried and did this, I think I spent about $10 on cake supplies for his birthday, colors and frosting and cake mix I had at home already.

The other update is on the movie, I finally went with DS1 and watched the movie Harry Potter! it was very very good! however, I should have reread the book!, I have a very bad memory and I couldn't remember what had happened and what was going to happen, I kept asking DS1 and he was getting annoyed!A problem with that movie is I hate snakes! and that Nagini is horrible, I had to close my eyes when it came on the screen!
I couldn't believe how many people were upset in the theater! there were people crying! It was so funny! I have read the book, most of the world has by now and everybody knows HP lives, so why cry when he dies in the movie! he lives again anyway! it was sad to see an end to a series, and to see the characters older was wierd too. It was sad to see the bond DS1 and I made over these books come to a close too. We read all the books together and watched the last 3 movies together. I have to find another series for us to start, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment